Highland’s HiShield line was developed to meet stringent building and fire codes for a variety of substrates and applications. With the appearance of traditional architectural coatings, these Fire-Retardant paints, varnishes, and mastics provide rated passive fire protection in durable, attractive finishes. Used by hospitals, schools, nursing homes, hotels, restaurants and many types of residential buildings, Highland Fire Retardant coatings help you meet the code.
- Hi-Shield boasts a lineup consisting of Fire Retardant Paints, Varnishes, and Mastics.
- Hi-Shield products are used by Boeing, Lockheed-Martin, Cessna, Airbus, and Sikorski on many different aeronautical platforms. We have even been on the space Shuttle.
- Every Presidential Election Stage singe Reagan has used Hi-Shield Products
- Hi-Shield products are specified by Hospitals, Schools, Nursing Homes, Hotels, Restaurants and many other commercial and retail sites. From TGI Fridays to the new World Trade Center, our environmentally friendly coatings provide rated protection for a variety of substrates.
- Hi-Shield products intumesce or “puff up” to form a dense carbon char up to 2000% the thickness of the original dry film. This delays or prevents ignition of the substrate while also insulating against the damaging effects of the associated heat.
- Hi-Shield products do not leach or lose their fire retardancy over time. As long as the film is intact and continuous, the specified rating is maintained.
Got a Quick Question?
For any questions, send us a message and we will get back to you as soon as possible with all of the information you need to get started.